- Weed beds regularly.
- Continue sowing annuals.
- Plant dahlias.
- Lift and heel spring bulbs.
- Remove rose suckers.
- Prune azaleas.
- Continue to plant vegetables.
A Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillar feeds on a Milkweed plant in the MBG Pollinator Garden. The Pollinator Garden includes plants that attract pollinators (bees, butterflies, etc) and plants that feed butterfly caterpillars. A happy place!
Volunteers Justin Skipper and Lynne Kuhlmann add begonias to the new Entrance Beds.
- Water new lawns as needed to prevent drying.
- Keep established lawns actively growing by watering, fertilizing and mowing
- Spray weeds in lawns with proper herbicide.
Beautiful hydrangeas beginning to bloom in the Gardens.