Advantages of Container Gardening
Gardening in containers is one of the most versatile and creative forms of garden design. Planting a container garden is much like creating a floral arrangement. However, live plants are enjoyed for a whole season. Almost any plant grows in a container when proper conditions are provided and adds a versatile splash of color and art wherever desired. Some other reasons for container gardening are as follows:
- Your backyard or traditional gardening space is limited or unavailable.
- Your time for gardening is limited.
- Your mobility is limited to working in raised beds or containers.
- Your gardening site is unsuitable for growing desired plants due to soil conditions, unsuitable sun or shade, or other environmental factors.
- You have a desire to be a creative garden artist!
These are just some of the advantages with container gardening. The biggest disadvantages to growing plants in containers are the maintenance requirements of watering and fertilizing.